Change Unit Instructions
Types of Changes
- Name Change
- Transfer to New Academic Unit
Letters of Support
- Department chair
- College dean
- Interdisciplinary programs (if applicable)
- Community/industry (if applicable)
Proposals should be through the department and college approvals at least 10 business days prior to the Undergraduate or Graduate Council due dates.
- Department/Faculty Committee approval*
- College Committee approval*
- Undergraduate Council and/or Graduate Council approval†
- Executive Committee/Academic Sentate approval†
- Board of Trustees approval
- Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs (SVP-AA) approval
- Commisioner of the Utah System of Higher Education (USHE) notification
- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU) notification
* Steps 1 and 2 should be completed prior to submitting a proposal. Evidence of these internal approvals will be demonstrated by the department and college letters of support and a field in the proposal titled "Faculty Consultation."
† 1-2 individuals will be asked to present proposals at the marked committee meetings.
The status of any proposal can be tracked after submission.
Banner image courtesy of the University of Utah.