The full template is for new Bachelor Degrees and Graduate Degrees. If you will be offering emphases for these new degrees, they should be included in the same proposal.
Review the steps for submitting a proposal below. Special notice should be taken to the additional requirements from the University of Utah that may not appear on the template but should still be included in the proposal.
This proposal was created by the Board of Regents and it can be difficult to open. You may need to save the document to your computer, open Adobe Acrobat/Reader, click on the document from your desktop. If you still aren't able to open it, please email email@example.com.
See Formatting Requirements HERE.
Also include the following in the proposal:
- Faculty Consultation - Each proposal must include a description of the process by which faculty in the participating departments or programs were consulted in the preparation of the proposal. Please insert this information in Section II: Program Description/Rationale.
- 66% by 2020 - Include 1-3 sentences that describes how this proposal will help the University of Utah meet the Governor's call that 66% of Utahns will have a post secondary degree or certificate by 2020. Please insert under Section II: Labor Market Demand section. Click here for more description of 66% of 2020.
- Learning Outcomes and Assessment - All proposals must include the learning outcomes and outcomes assessment. Please insert this in Section VI: Program Evaluation. If you need guidance on learning outcomes, you can find it HERE.
Note: Chief Academic Officer Signature (CAO) signature will be collected for you after the Trustees approval. Do not sign the proposal.
Letters of Support
- Department Chair/Director
- College Dean
- Letter for the library - Library or Library - HSC
- Interdisiplinary Programs should collect letters from participating areas
- You may also include letters from community and/or industry
Include NWCCU document
- Narrative should be a formal style, using third person
- Click in date fields to access calendar tool.
- Click Control + E within a text box to open text formatting controls.
- Text can be composed in word processing software, then cut and pasted into the text fields.
- For sections that do not apply, type N/A. Note: Additional information may be requested in order to evaluate any proposal or reports submitted.
- Please direct questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-587-7843.
- Submit Proposal and Supporting Documents to email@example.com by deadline (10 business days before council meeting)
- The proposal will go through the following Approval Process:
- Department/Faculty Committee Approval
- College Committee Approval
- Undergraduate and/or Graduate Council
- Executive Committee/Academic Senate
- Program Review Committee (PRC)
- Board of Trustees
- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
- 1-2 individuals will be asked to present the proposal at the Undergraduate/Graduate Council and at the Executive Committee/Academic Senate.
- You/Campus will be notified of final approval ONLY at that point can you begin operations or advertisement. You can track the status HERE.